How To Write the Perfect Personalised Father’s Day Card
With Father’s Day just around the corner many of us will be on the hunt for a card & gift but some of us may struggle to find the right words to put inside it. Our Dad’s mean the world to all of us & they actively help us throughout all stages of life from our first steps, homework, finding a new car and moving out, so it is especially important the words found inside a personalised card stand out and express our appreciation & love. Below we have listed a few of our favourite messages for all types of fathers whether its dads, grandads, stepdads, husbands or first time dads.
The main thing to remember with personalised cards it is important your message is not overly generic and comes straight from the heart. Why go through all the effort of finding a card that is personalised on the front but not personalised on the inside?
For Your Father
With Father’s Day cards try to put into words the unique aspects of them you genuinely love for example being a great role model, funny, dedicated, hard working etc.
- “Dad, you truly are my role model & hero. Thank you
for being by my side every day, helping me through life and encouraging me to succeed.”
- “You are my one and only dad! I will love you forever &
you will always have a special place in my heart.”
- “Thank you for being there for me every single day. Your
help, guidance & courage has made me the person I am today.”
- “Dad, you have given me everything I could ask for! Your
time, your care, and your love. I am profoundly grateful. Happy Father’s Day!”
- “There is no possible way I could pay you back for all you have done for me. I am extremely grateful for all your hard work & making me the person I am today”
For Your Grandad
The father in your life does not always need to be your dad they can come in all shapes & sizes such as your Grandad for instance. He can provide you with the stability every child needs so if this is the case for you it is important to honour them.
- “Grandad, you will always hold a special place in my
heart. Thank you for all you have done and will continue to do for me & the
- “You might be old, but you are certainly wise! Thank you
for looking out for me a guiding me through life. I am forever grateful.”
- “Grandad, you make me smile from ear to ear every day!
Have the best Father’s Day and thank you for everything you have done.”
- “Grandad when I think of you, I remember the special days
out, the bear hugs & how amazing you really are. Happy Father’s Day!”
- “Thank you for your wisdom, guidance & care over the years. You have supported and helped me for which I am profoundly grateful.”
For Your Stepdad
Although you may not be related by blood a stepdad is a dad who steps up for you like a biological dad would. A role that is becoming increasingly common in this day and age it is important to acknowledge your stepdad this Father’s Day.
- “Our lives have been blessed since the day you met Mum.
Thank you for playing an important role in our lives!”
- “I could not imagine where Mum & I would be without
you. Thank you for blessing our lives & continuously supporting us.”
- “To me you have always been my dad. Thank you for being
their & I hope you have an amazing Father’s Day!”
- “We don’t always see eye to eye, but I am truly thankful
for having such a funny, kind, generous Stepfather!”
- “Thank you for looking out for us. You have filled a space in my life I thought we would never get back.”
For Your Husband or Partner
Buying on behalf of someone else means it can be a little tricky to find the right words.
- “Thank you for supporting our family, looking after our
children & being a fantastic husband! Happy Father’s Day.”
- “You give our children someone to admire and strive to
become. You are a fantastic dad. Happy Father’s Day!”
- “We are so lucky to have you in our lives. You are an
incredible father & a wonderful husband. We hope you have a fantastic day”
- “One day is not enough to deeply appreciate how brilliant
you are as a father. Thank you for everything you do for the kids and I day in
- “You complete our family, support our kids & provide us with a beautiful home. Thank you for being you.”
For A First-Time Father
Becoming a parent for the first time comes with a bag of emotion full of excitement, nerves, happiness, and doubt, so Father’s Day is the perfect time to send well wishes & encouragement.
- “Happy first Father’s Day to the dad to be! This will be
your greatest achievement in life & we are sure you will do an incredible
- “Wishing you all the happiness on your first Father’s Day.
Best of luck with fatherhood and all the adventures it brings”
- “You will be a beacon of light for our new baby. Thank
you for supporting me throughout the pregnancy. Happy Father’s Day!”
- “We are 100% sure you will be an incredible dad and *Insert
Name* is lucky to have you supporting them and guiding them through life. Happy
first Father’s Day”
- “Wishing you a Happy first Father’s Day as you enjoy the infinite love and gifts of fatherhood.”
Once you have found the right words to express your love and appreciation towards your dad its now time to find the perfect card & gift. At The Card Zoo we stock a wide range of unique, funny & cute cards & beautiful and sentimental gifts that your father will love. You can also personalise your card or gift with messages, photos, colour changes and more!